At the Palestine 21 Nation-Building convention, many groups presented proposals on how to design the emerging state of Palestine. Each group chose a name and was represented by the leader of the group. Names varied from “Hope” to “Cradle of Peace” to “Optimism” to the names of Martyrs from Fatah.
Group #40 “The Promising future” was mainly formed from professional women from Salfit and Hebron. Engineer Nasra Zgheil presented ground-breaking proposals in the name of her group.
Here we translate the conclusions of group #40 which was made up of Palestinian women. This photo shows the group preparing their page for inclusion on the wall presentation:
- Economic: To create the grounds for Economic Stability through:
- Job Creation (through projects, Industrial parks, strong institutions) that will provide opportunities for women, workers and graduates of universities
- Opening International Markets
- Supporting the agriculture and tourism sectors and developing the Palestinian rural region
- Focus on programs that help the development of women, children and young people in all aspects (Healthcare, psychological and cultural)
- Focus on skill training and provide support for innovators
- Free Public school system
- Illiteracy projects
- Enforce a system of Merit for the hiring process based on social justice
- Put our Nation first not the political movement
- Electing the right Leader
- Independence in decision making away from outside influences
- Transparency in managing public funds and NO nepotism